Outer Empires Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible OE return

+18
Phil McCrackin
Marcus Odesius
Ref Minor
Rayjan Deja
Oldwick
Steve austin
Frega
jarvo
Galaxyhunter Sojourner
MG
Ole Gunnar
Thoth Amon
TradeOff
HcoutDopi
Rikk Slinger
Proteus Heaton
tachi_vozar
Ambrose Foxx
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Possible OE return - Page 4 Empty Re: Possible OE return

Post  Proteus Heaton Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:48 am

Marcus Odesius wrote:Hey friends, see a lot of names I recognize - brings back fond memories.

My opinion, is to start over in OE - what did we have 30-50%+ of the good planets taken?
And it would be more interesting to new players, if we didn't overwhelm them.
Besides, I gave all my money away, and had 4 of my best ships destroyed during the
shut down period in OE Rolling Eyes

Special hello to MG - miss those gummies Very Happy

Ha - I destroyed or damaged beyond repair literally everything I owned.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:13 am

A point that Steve made to me that makes so much sense is that without the XP being reset whoever can get the cash fastest can be in a HC craft and basically be a pain in the ass pirate that would stunt the game growth. We need to get back to square one where the game can take on a logical progression and cohesion as it starts to mature.

Full reset, Possible OE return - Page 4 Stallone
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helio Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 am

Hi y'all.

Fun is fun, I'm down for whatever.
I've got a million ideas for oe success. But I'll let devs be devs.

Helio

Back to top Go down

Post  MG Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:03 am

hey helio...i sent you an email at your monkey email address lol not sure if you got it or not...

MG

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:27 am

I think I'm gonna vote for a restart as well, looking at it in the long term it will be good for the game, besides Hcout will be heavy class and running Garroon in a week, so theres nothing to worry about.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxyhunter Sojourner Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Hey Helio. Good to see u again. Btw, u and anyone that has not signed up, get the Mogwee app and begin chatting with us there!

Galaxyhunter Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Galaxyhunter Sojourner wrote:Hey Helio. Good to see u again. Btw, u and anyone that has not signed up, get the Mogwee app and begin chatting with us there!

I just got the mogwee app on my phone so how to I contact people... I have a hangout called Thoths pit that needs filling... Can't seem to search for groups. What's wrong with palringo? We have an OE group there.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  geronimo Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm

hey all good to see that oe is coming back does any one know the exact time it will be back on line?

geronimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello Geronimo, the short answer is not yet. Keep looking here. Good to see ya. alien

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxyhunter Sojourner Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Ya, u can't do it that way. Send me an email and I'll send u an invite. My email address is: galaxyhunter1000@gmail.com

Galaxyhunter Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:12 am

Brandon has said on mogwee he is coming back to code for oe, I for one thank him as we need him badly Smile

Steve austin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

Brandon is back already and coding I believe......hooray

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Possible OE return - Page 4 Empty I am back.

Post  That Brandon Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Yes, i am back and coding already. I have a four day weekend this coming weekend and plan to get a lot accomplished by next monday. I will be posting up some possible ideas tonight that I want your input on.

So it is known now, I will not have a player account moving forward. This means I will rely on you all to report anything out of the ordinary as quickly as possible. It is very critical during the testing phase that we find all the little loop holes, tricks, etc that were in the previous version and any new ones we introduce as we update, refine, and streamline the codebase. We are all adults here (at least by age, except for Ray.) and I want to start off on the correct foot. Any hurt feelings, diagreements, etc that may have happened previously are in the past. We all love this game and want to see it survive and thrive. I am going to be doing development for OE from now on, I will be putting all my extra and spare time into making this game the best it can be. I need you all to help me by being our QA team, helping the new players, testing on different devices once we get it working for mobile browsers, etc. The family that makes up this game is why we were able to make it last in the past. A fresh start can bring that family feeling back and allow everyone to enjoy their time in the OE universe.

Thanks,

Brandon

PS I am also on twitter, @bsanspree I will accept your follows as they come in, as I have gotten a lot of spam accounts of late.

That Brandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikk Slinger Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Great to see you Brandon! I'm excited for the return of OE and am completely willing to help improve the game so that it can stay around for awhile.

Rikk Slinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxyhunter Sojourner Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Ok, maybe I'm not hip on tweeting, but when I do a search on Twitter for @bsanspree, nothing comes up.

Galaxyhunter Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikk Slinger Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Galaxyhunter Sojourner wrote:Ok, maybe I'm not hip on tweeting, but when I do a search on Twitter for @bsanspree, nothing comes up.
Are you a user? If you aren't you might not be able to find him. I'm a user and I found him without a problem.

Rikk Slinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxyhunter Sojourner Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Ok, I just did a google search for @bsanspree and found Brandon Sanspree @bsanspree. So that worked. And yes I'm a registered user. @Galaxyhunter1

Galaxyhunter Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Gunnar Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Just for the record.....@Mark_Germani

Ole Gunnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 am

I am @spoonsy1480

Steve austin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

@refminor or @dr_whiteface (although he is currently retired in terms of OE, I can't really top his antics so he is spending his last few million in a high class brothel on Cinnhilif prime)

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 pm

As to the ideas about some reward for returning vets - I kind of like the MCC1 idea, perhaps give us a Jav. Freighter or a Frigate?
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Steve austin wrote:Thoth ask the dR that question Smile
The dR is currently retired i hear and has no plans to leave his brothel and bar he bought on Cinnhilif Prime with his council gratuity.

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Proteus Heaton wrote:As to the ideas about some reward for returning vets - I kind of like the MCC1 idea, perhaps give us a Jav. Freighter or a Frigate?
It needs a full wipe with no benefits IMO, you can't start the game fresh and give one lot of people an advantage, we already have some knowledge which gives us an edge, but if I started MC with a freighter I would be snaffling up as many of the good resources around GVT as I could before those pesky new players we need to survive in the long run get a chance to claim a stake. People would always refer to it "Devs favour the vets" "different rules for them" it's just a slow poison in the game and all to save us playing a game we are supposed to love.

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Agree ref we do have advantage we know how to play let's don't make it worse

Steve austin

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Ref Minor wrote:
Proteus Heaton wrote:As to the ideas about some reward for returning vets - I kind of like the MCC1 idea, perhaps give us a Jav. Freighter or a Frigate?
It needs a full wipe with no benefits IMO, you can't start the game fresh and give one lot of people an advantage, we already have some knowledge which gives us an edge, but if I started MC with a freighter I would be snaffling up as many of the good resources around GVT as I could before those pesky new players we need to survive in the long run get a chance to claim a stake. People would always refer to it "Devs favour the vets" "different rules for them" it's just a slow poison in the game and all to save us playing a game we are supposed to love.
I agree with Ref, that if this is a new game, everyone should start from the same baseline, and i am sure that the return player will be able to grind up so much faster than newer ones that they think we cheat, lol

however, i am sure, between now and go live date, we will be able to think up something for Paul to consider, for example, maybe some free time for the return players, etc. (just my 2 cents, doesn't mean Paul agree with this yet)

Hcout

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next