[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

OE to return in 10 days or so

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 am

OE will be back within the next week and a half.... Rejoice fellow pilots, we're going home! Smile

Last edited by Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

View user profile http://outerempiresfans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: OE to return in 10 days or so

Post  Ref Minor on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 am

Voted total wipe, keeping stuff will discourage newbies joining, zero xp 100c and a shuttle will sult in competition, war and craziness from the start. I also would like limited faction size and the old 600jump range back so the other side of the galaxy is a long way off even in a big ship.

Ref Minor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 am

I agree with ref

Steve austin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoploa Wington on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 am

Im for keeping exp and losing everything else, i think a limit on SS as well would be a good idea.

Hoploa Wington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 am

Hoploa Wington wrote:Im for keeping exp and losing everything else, i think a limit on SS as well would be a good idea.
A limit on faction size would do that, as you need station defence colonies and fewer members means less station colonies.
I don't want to see xp staying, people will just be flying big ships in days, a team of 10 could put everyone in a freighter in 2 days and heavy cruisers in leSs than a week, anyonE new joining will just think "that's not fair"

Ref Minor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:54 am

Ref Minor wrote:Voted total wipe, keeping stuff will discourage newbies joining, zero xp 100c and a shuttle will sult in competition, war and craziness from the start. I also would like limited faction size and the old 600jump range back so the other side of the galaxy is a long way off even in a big ship.

I agree with Ref and Steve, the game needs a wipe to encourage new players... I vote total wipe
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 am

If I am to return to OE it has to be a complete wipe or what's the point?

I want to go old school just like when the game started. It was a few months old when I started so I missed out on a lot of the first items so this is a chance to experience the whole thing.

I know with my playing style that in just a couple of weeks I will be heavy class and manufacturing again. That's where the challenge lies.

If we keep XP, hyperdrives and such then what's the point? Might as well let me keep all my BPs that I had over $500 invested in so I can produce them. We can be at the same tech level as when the game was dying in a matter of months and then it will be over again.
Phil McCrackin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:28 am

Phil McCrackin wrote:If I am to return to OE it has to be a complete wipe or what's the point?

I want to go old school just like when the game started. It was a few months old when I started so I missed out on a lot of the first items so this is a chance to experience the whole thing.

I know with my playing style that in just a couple of weeks I will be heavy class and manufacturing again. That's where the challenge lies.

If we keep XP, hyperdrives and such then what's the point? Might as well let me keep all my BPs that I had over $500 invested in so I can produce them. We can be at the same tech level as when the game was dying in a matter of months and then it will be over again.
That's how I feel, the fun is in playing the game not with what you end up with, xp builds up, ships come and go, credits flow in and out, it's all just a byproduct of playing the game, the more fun you have the faster all these things happen.

Last edited by Ref Minor on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Ref Minor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Odesius on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 am

Phil McCrackin - thought he died - ha, agree with him

Marcus Odesius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 am

My vote ( as everybody could imagine reading my previous post), is partial reset.... I cant live in OE without my hull collection Wink

Also Mr Foxx, as administrator, I propose open a new poll : Anyone will continue in OE without correct dev support? ( and understood "correct", as bug support and game growing)

OJ

Oldwick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 am

The game would inevitably die within a few months if we went back and everything but xp was reset, it only takes one person to grind the cash for a HC class ship, and everything goes to hell... A full reset is required to save the game
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 am

Oldwick wrote:My vote ( as everybody could imagine reading my previous post), is partial reset.... I cant live in OE without my hull collection Wink

Also Mr Foxx, as administrator, I propose open a new poll : Anyone will continue in OE without correct dev support? ( and understood "correct", as bug support and game growing)

OJ

Sounds nice. All I ask for is 3 ships of my choosing back and their contents.
1. File cabinet which holds all my blueprints
2. Armory which holds enough hulls and components to equip 30 ships
3. Home Depot which is stuffed with flatpacks including 10 stations

If I got these back wouldn't I be sitting pretty with all my XP and toys to run amok?

For these above reasons I can see what would happen without the full resets.
Phil McCrackin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 am

Sorry but I am only reading about what "WE" could do for OE, like assuming lose our time (xp reset), or assuming lose our money ( BP, hulls.. Reset), but I not see anywhere that rest of US mention what we should ask for ( Paul, OE ). Again, everybody is assuming "loses" without asking Paul if we had dev support?? Ambrose, you mention OE dead in 4 months if no full reset... How long do you think OE will stand for with same previous dev status?

Looks like everybody is happy thinking in OE back that forget the problems that moved to OE end... And part of the problems not were on players side.

Oldwick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 am

Oldwick wrote:Sorry but I am only reading about what "WE" could do for OE, like assuming lose our time (xp reset), or assuming lose our money ( BP, hulls.. Reset), but I not see anywhere that rest of US mention what we should ask for ( Paul, OE ). Again, everybody is assuming "loses" without asking Paul if we had dev support?? Ambrose, you mention OE dead in 4 months if no full reset... How long do you think OE will stand for with same previous dev status?

Looks like everybody is happy thinking in OE back that forget the problems that moved to OE end... And part of the problems not were on players side.

OJ, Brandon has said he will probably return, stop the worrying about Dev support
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:43 am

After reading the comments, I believe a full wipe to be the best option. Sadly I voted for keep xp too soon...
Proteus Heaton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeOff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 am

Full wipe for me. Although I'm not sure if I come back.

TradeOff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:54 am

I'm fixing the poll now, votes can be changed as of now
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 am

Yep, a complete wipe is the only way. I think OJ that the fact that Paul is willing to bring back OE shows he wants it to work. We can only wait and see what happens in the long run.We will all have lost ships, bps, colonies etc but I'm sure if we ask Paul nicely he will put some of the older hulls back on IWS, I still want one of those original explorators with the single small weapons port. The good news for me is that the Tallon Kaarde maps load nice on my big boy Android phone, so if my old iPhone works I can navigate, looking at that map brought back memories. I will communicate to Paul via the interweb what we think should be done, but I believe the total reset is in the pipeline.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxyhunter Sojourner on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Those that hate grinding, or don't have unlimited time anymore do not want a total wipe, or want XP to remain. The rest... Just want to play.

Since Paul will be getting the cost down to 20%, he should keep sub price the same or less. Not more!

Galaxyhunter Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Hutson on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello All,

(For reference : I'm mainly on Twitter as I can access it easily from wherever I am - so please send me messages there @PaulHutson to get quick responses).

I'm somewhat torn as to what to do as to whether there is a full restart or not - especially when looking at the poll in this thread.

Personally I'd lean more towards a full reset (as well as the reasons above), and here is why:

- It will mean that everyone starts at the same level - and level the playing field.
- It will allow me to rebalance the progression in the game (money / XP / etc).
- It will allow the resources to be rescattered amongst the planets.
- It will allow me to rebalance the BPs for the game (a) the cost was too low and (b) the number of resources was waaaaaaaay to low for the higher level items).
- In addition to the above BP item a distinct change would be the cost of the SS BPs and the resource cost would be increase vastly.
- It will return the game to the unexplored beginning it once had.

Yes, a lot went into the first version of the game and the way people built up - but that was part of the fun of it.

As an intermediate - I was thinking a half way ground might be good - a reduction in rank for all veterans of the game (afterall, no galaxy has just "Cadets" flying around) and a ship for that level. It's a boost to the starters to get over the initial start up in the game, but not back to the lofty heights of where some of you were before.

I'd love to hear your thoughts both positive and negative on the above.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Hutson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Paul Hutson wrote:Hello All,

(For reference : I'm mainly on Twitter as I can access it easily from wherever I am - so please send me messages there @PaulHutson to get quick responses).

I'm somewhat torn as to what to do as to whether there is a full restart or not - especially when looking at the poll in this thread.

Personally I'd lean more towards a full reset (as well as the reasons above), and here is why:

- It will mean that everyone starts at the same level - and level the playing field.
- It will allow me to rebalance the BPs for the game (a) the cost was too low and (b) the number of resources was waaaaaaaay to low for the higher level items).
- In addition to the above BP item a distinct change would be the cost of the SS BPs and the resource cost would be increase vastly.

Yes, a lot went into the first version of the game and the way people built up - but that was part of the fun of it.

As an intermediate - I was thinking a half way ground might be good - a reduction in rank for all veterans of the game (afterall, no galaxy has just "Cadets" flying around) and a ship for that level. It's a boost to the starters to get over the initial start up in the game, but not back to the lofty heights of where some of you were before.

Regards,
Paul

I like the reset option... But the intermediate sounds good as well... But I still stand on the reset side because in my view, it's the only way to make everything even and attract players
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Paul Hutson wrote:Hello All,

Regards,
Paul
I would still prefer a full reset, if there are to be battles over resources or locations near the start it will be unfair to players in a clipper when they are up against someone who was given a heavy cruiser because they played an old version.

Ref Minor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with Ref, a full reset is the fairest way. If we have to grind back up then so be it. Some people will grind faster than others, that's the way its always been. If we get xp back it will be unbalanced.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Hutson on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Thoth Amon wrote:I agree with Ref, a full reset is the fairest way. If we have to grind back up then so be it. Some people will grind faster than others, that's the way its always been. If we get xp back it will be unbalanced.

So a low level headstart isn't the way you'd like to go (i.e. just a slight bump up the tree, not to hc.. but somewhere on from a cadet..?)

Don't get me wrong - I think the cadet level of the game is some of the most fun bits with the learning and exploring.

Paul Hutson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 pm

As a headstart for those who played before, why don't we just get a special ship, it gives us incentive to grind, and gives us something to be proud of from our time playing before....
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next