[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

Re: OE to return in 10 days or so

Post  Thoth Amon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 pm

What like a derp cruiser each hehe. Nice idea but unlikely.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Foxx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Thoth Amon wrote:What like a derp cruiser each hehe. Nice idea but unlikely.
Yes, something like that, lol
Ambrose Foxx
Admin

View user profile http://outerempiresfans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm

I would like to see a full wipe Paul told me it will come out on browser first and app later I only play on app so already I would be behind but I can accept that as I was about a yr behind before a few weeks won't upset me but it won't really be a level playing field as those on browser will have a head start

Steve austin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeOff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:22 pm

As I said before I would push for a full wipe. Much like in other online games with multiple servers: when a a new server starts everyone starts from scratch, no matter whether they had played before or not.

Regarding the game, it would be most important in my opinion that battles would be a lot less crashy, because especially in the app, it became annoying to battle players, which is key to the game. Also the fact that the workers wages were piling up significantly made the first 20 minutes or so of daily playing a job just to keep going, without really doing anything exciting in the game. So I would advocate for a rebalancing toward lower worker wages but more slowly to produce resources, or alternatively, it takes more resources to produce anything. But just having me do 10 or more jobs just to pay workers every day makes it boring to play the game.

These two things drove me away from the game even before Paul pulled the plug.

TradeOff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helio on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I would defer to Paul's experience

If asking for my advice...
I know I'll hear groans from ppl that want oe now. Let's brainstorm on how to drive thousands of players to oe:

1. relaunch? Outer empires II? Wait for organized release with publicity. I see oe problems coming from bad app store reviews based on crashing when apple released the terrible iOS 4.0. I know app is FAR stabler than when those old reviews were made. Be a shame to have them influence new players decisions. Maybe Max could whip up a new app logo Smile I've never launched an app with iTunes so I don't know what it takes to have a new app considered 'new'. Even if called same name it is not a stretch to call it a new app with so many changes over years. App makes purchase easy and findin apps easy, when oe first released ppl werent looking for mmo, they barely existed. Browser games are saturated and hard to find good games(don't have apple organizing them by 'popular')

2. Publicity and a launch time. A lot of the app store is automated, it pushes apps with a lot of activity to the top of the list as a 'hot' app. It makes a difference whether app has 100 downloads over 7 days or 100 in 12 hours.

3. Hype. Press releases, buzz on forums, buzz in other mmo's (sure most of us are on other mmo's). All with a launch date and time.

4. I get it, Paul might not have time for the dazzle dazzle, I think it might be worth looking into what needs to be done to avoid the tag of those old unfair reviews.

Helio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  geronimo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

i aggre

geronimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Helio that was really good I want oe back but more importantly I want it back for a long time and the only way that will happen is if we can get new players on and to keep them, like many of us I sm playing varies mmo nothing is anything like oe I'm sure in what ever game we are on we can get some to come over and try, do waiting for a realese date and getting some hype going would go it good. As an app player when I first started it was unplayable by the end it was great I had less problems going pvp then I did on browser so any reviews of old app are unfair

Steve austin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  geronimo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:30 pm

how much will it cost now?and will life time subbers still be able to play for free?

geronimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi all,

Sorry Geronimo for saying that but, to be fair, if a complete reset is done ( and I lose money from hulls, BPs, and my remaining subscription time...), life time subscription shall be removed too and a new subscription should be required. I not understand any other situation in case of full reset.

Regards,

OJ

Oldwick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeOff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 pm

I agree with OJ. If older players can play it for free how is Paul going to be able to pay for the servers?

TradeOff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Sorry for saying this but technically it was for the lifetime of the game as was, that game has stopped so the lifetime sub is no longer valid. It would be unenforceable as most legal terms of service state that its for the lifetime of the current game, not for any subsequent games that might bear the same name. If OE had been removed from the market for copyright and came back as inner empires the sub wouldn't be valid, and the same goes here.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

If they are going to do a full reset, they need to randomize the resources (hopefully add a little more iron and titanium) like Paul said. Otherwise people are going to be going 'gold rush' for those G10 planets they used to have and are going to get cranky if someone else gets there first.

I'm only slightly interested in going back ATM one way or another, and cautious of getting wrapped up in it again. The game died for a plethora of reasons. I would want to see that those reasons are fixed before I committed the time and money again. I sank a considerable amount of both the first time and have nothing to show for it. Frankly, it was sad to see it go, but it did for a reason.......and I've moved on. I'm sure a lot of other people have, as well.

I would like to see a partial wipe option with everything but inventory.

Also, I would like to see only one player per person, but not make it a bootable offense to have another character...as long as it's also a fully paid subscription, of course.

In addition, a full wipe would be an outstanding opportunity to tweak the game to make it more playable. Stabilize the in-game economy, add some enhancements, etc. For instance, I threw out the idea of robotic workers a long time ago. They could require more power, and maybe work slower (game balancing), but cost less and require no food/water, just maintenance upkeep. Salvaging, jump inhibitors, station locks, carriers, enhanced flatpacks, bigger colony sizes across the board, etc etc etc. There would be no better time to implement that kind of thing than with a full reset (As long as it's tested first).

Vaughn Chisholm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helio on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I didn't vote, I trust Paul. Whatever is better for future viability.
I won't really be on till app comes out.

I'd be fine with helping some too. Anyone got paul's email?

Helio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 am

I am very happy to see Paul posting in this forum and expressing his ideas. Would love to see official OE forum return to life so we can move all discussions to a single platform.

As long as Paul is aware of some of the roadblocks/deficiencies in the game, I would like to point out a few that were driving me away from the game. I was ready to quit when a month before the shutdown was announced. I specialized in manufacturing and research. I loved the technological research and then having the resources to produce them. When you take that route you basically have to give up a lot of things and the main is a life. Even with a Kat I spent 2 hours a day combat grinding just to make worker payroll. I would really have to bust ass in grinding if I wanted another BP and when the BP popped it was expensive to make a backup if it was good or I had to recopy a backup and put it back into research. I spent millions upon millions doing my research. You have colonies going too so you have to spend a lot of time ferrying the materials to storage and manufacturing planets. Just that maintenance alone can eat up 6-8 hours of play time a night. What's not happening is a very active player is not ranking up with these activities and is constantly broke. Even the most OCD person will eventually throw their hands in the air and say ENOUGH!!!

We played OE and it finally went the way of the dodo. If we don't correct the problems and resurrect it as an OE-2 the experienced players will soon be in the same boat and the game will die again. Let's not push things and see if we can get an improved game that is even more hugely popular and the subscriptions will put a little jingle in the pockets of the developers.

Let's first take care of the manufacturers. Why do we need a hab, water and an edibles building? I literally created a spreadsheet with formulas in it that told me how many workers and buildings it was going to take and how many to staff each one of these types of buildings to make the colony work. It was a pain! One worker dies off in hab, water or edibles and the whole colony dies. Make one building that takes care of all these needs and is automatically prioritized to take all the available workers it needs to staff for the population on the planet and the reset can be applied to whichever other building. Make the space easier to use on the planets rather than dealing with so many flatpacks.

Second, it takes a long time to get all the resources shuttled around. Free up the manufacturers' time by introducing a new building that can be put on the mining planets and storage/manufacturing planets as a transport terminal. Special transport units can be bought/built by the players where workers will transport the necessary materials to the manufacturing planets so a production run can begin (for a fee of course).

These few improvements will make a would of difference in the OE experience of anyone who wants to manufacture.
Phil McCrackin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:39 am

Personally I would like to see original blue prints which can be researched and copies which are limited to a specific number of production items but not copiable. This would mean research would be constantly ongoing and there would be lots of variety rather than one one level copied master style of item. Imagine someone gets a great run on the research but can only make 100 copies of that level they are the best in game and when destroyed are gone forever.

Ref Minor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:00 am

My ideas:

1. Everyone resets including the returning players at 0 xp, 100c, shuttle. Nothing else.
2. However, returning players could get a special ship like Ambrose said ("Veteran Cruiser"? IDK)
Proteus Heaton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 am

Now of course, it wouldn't be a very useful ship, just a collector's item Very Happy

Also, Paul is right, the beginning of the game is the best part Razz Getting a level every hour is very very nice...
Proteus Heaton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  geronimo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:36 am

i aggre with phil.tex left because it takes a BUNCH of your time if u want to do manufacture.we would get alot more traffic if it wasn't so time consuming.

geronimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 am

I think we need to get the game up and the income flowing before we try to add new stuff, but as Helio said the more new stuff before the game starts is better publicity...it is a dilemma.
Proteus Heaton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:33 am

People can communicate with Paul on Twitter with any ideas they have. I agree with Proteus that its important to get the game up and running again, but also that there are game updates etc to sort out some of the old problems. If Paul can implement these prior to the restart all well and good. Most of the players invested in the game to a greater or lesser degree during our playing time, so if people don't wish to do that again then that's up to them. If it goes pear shaped in six months at least we tried. Until its back I'm of this forum as its beginning to get up my back.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am

I will repeat one comment here that I made in the Ideas post... I think Paul will find it easily...

As the most important thing is that new players come to the game ( and continue for sure....), I offered previously, and do it again, open new market to OE... I refer the spanish/south america one. I read everyday tons of comments in AppStore about games that are only in english (something that usually not like to spanish speakers...). I offered myself to translate all screen menus of the game to spanish... I assume that with the spanish texts could be easy to implement in the settings part the languaje option (go to one or other folder I assume...)

I would like to help OE... Is feasible Paul?

OJ

Oldwick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am

Ask Paul on Twitter, he will reply Oldwick. That's a great idea, most mmo's have separate language channels, and it would be great for the game.

Thoth Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:00 pm

I have no twitter Thoth... I am "old man"... From paper and pencil ages Smile

Oldwick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 pm

You have an iPhone Oldwick.....