Outer Empires Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IWSP Suggestions

5 posters

Go down

IWSP Suggestions Empty IWSP Suggestions

Post  Proteus Heaton Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 am

His was a part of income, so let's get some ideas swirling.

Prototype Hulls for limited time

All old Antaris hulls + Antaris Freighter

Antaris Clipper lowered in price for newbs.

Permanent ABS & DERP or at least a release at start since many want these and will buy.

Maybe a full refuel for cheap (50 IWSP/cents?) for newbies

Terraforming FP

More limited time ships - these are always a hit Razz

Antaris Heavy Cruiser - Again, For those progressing in the ranks. Would like to see high hull.

Feel free to add more. Again these are just ideas and open for tweaking.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

IWSP Suggestions Empty Re: IWSP Suggestions

Post  Phil McCrackin Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 am

Good suggestions but not sure how far they will go. Paul and Brandon are currently working on rebalancing the game which includes a full restructuring of the armaments, armors, hulls specs, etc. The ships may still be named what they were in the original game but I seriously doubt they will give identical performance. We don't even have the full specs yet and we are proposing paid for super hulls? You have some good ideas but I believe they are a little premature. Maybe we will get a better feel for what the game will be like if we are allowed into the beta box to assist in testing. Then again, what we may do or find deficient will be incorporated into the base game.

By the way, IWS stood for Iron Will Studios and I have not seen it announced that Bill will be participating in the new game. The point system may be something totally different.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 am

Yes, I am just trying to get some ideas about how to make this a good source of income for OE. Some of this would not be possible for quite a while.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 pm

From the impression I have at the moment (for example, fuel is 2/LY not 1/LY anymore), seems it will be harder to grind up (especially there is no XP highway to start with), I assume most players will need smaller ships to start with, not heavy class ship hull in the first couple month. (but I could be totally wrong).

I think the new IWSP offer (using the term for easier to describe cash for goods only, there might be a new term for it, who knows). will have ships, parts, colonies, at least 3 types of categories.

for the first month, I assume Battle Clipper hull would be more critical than a freighter hull, since there will be no player made hull to start with.

since there will be no player made parts initially, so there is no size 1 parts when the game starts, I assume some nice parts should attract player's attention.

I would also assume some of the newer fancy FP will be available in the IWSP first (for example, those FP which make your colony grow faster, or make the size cap bigger)

as time goes on, each month I hope we will have newer offer.

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:38 pm

The part that concerns me is where are the flatpacks going to come from? There is no Garoon or Phil's home depot to get these from. I normally posted a couple hundred varying types on the market each month at the same prices as Dopi-mart. These items were player made and the only way you could start a colony. Where are these items going to come from at the beginning of the game? I remember IWS had an offering of a basic colony pack of power, water, food and hab, but I don't remember mining, processing/refining, manufacturing or research flatpacks. So? We get these basic colonies and do something stupid like putting warships in the game too early and these early IWS paid for colonies would be sitting ducks. With the close proximity to gov, one player in a kitted HC combat ship could cripple the manufacturers and researchers. Those manufacturers and researchers will be dumping all their cash and efforts into their scouting for planets in range, not grinding up. My ants and grasshopper analogies again. Going to open the avenue for some strange alliances right off the bat.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Phil McCrackin wrote:The part that concerns me is where are the flatpacks going to come from? There is no Garoon or Phil's home depot to get these from. I normally posted a couple hundred varying types on the market each month at the same prices as Dopi-mart. These items were player made and the only way you could start a colony. Where are these items going to come from at the beginning of the game? I remember IWS had an offering of a basic colony pack of power, water, food and hab, but I don't remember mining, processing/refining, manufacturing or research flatpacks. So? We get these basic colonies and do something stupid like putting warships in the game too early and these early IWS paid for colonies would be sitting ducks. With the close proximity to gov, one player in a kitted HC combat ship could cripple the manufacturers and researchers. Those manufacturers and researchers will be dumping all their cash and efforts into their scouting for planets in range, not grinding up. My ants and grasshopper analogies again. Going to open the avenue for some strange alliances right off the bat.
don't quote me, but i think "everything" has to come from gov in the beginning of the game (just it was like when the OE was first launched years ago), hull,parts,FP all from gov, because no one has colonies to make them.

the only thing I am not 100% sure is that if gov selling mats or not, my impression is that they don't, we have to mine them on our own, but some say they do (because we can see mats posted in gov SS)

if gov don't sell mats, then it will delay the player made goods on the market. people will try to get into a decent ship first, then scan the surrounding systems to find nice spot for mining, research, and manu, even when you consider to use IWSP FP to get fast grow on your colony, it would be like at least 10 days to size 50, and a good size 1 BP would be a few mk away, so I would say it's at least like 3 weeks away to have any player made goods (with researched stat), and anything player made will cost a lot, because there would not be much competition. Smile

somehow, i hear "ka-ching!" in my head. lol

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm

HcoutDopi wrote:somehow, i hear "ka-ching!" in my head. lol

I know exactly what you are talking about. What a Face
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 pm

What we do not yet know with the reduced running costs is the payment model, before there was a purchase price, subscription and cash shop. What the new version will involve, i do not think, we have yet heard and it is pointless speculating until we know what the new payment model is going to be.

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm

When the game was initially released everything could be bought on the market, weapons, armour, flatpacks, resources etc. As the game progressed further and further these things were slowly withdrawn from the market as the play base provided the items to the market, essentially meaning we would become self functioning over a time.

So basically what Hcout just said Smile

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Ref Minor wrote:What we do not yet know with the reduced running costs is the payment model, before there was a purchase price, subscription and cash shop. What the new version will involve, i do not think, we have yet heard and it is pointless speculating until we know what the new payment model is going to be.
good point, hope Paul can provide some information regarding the subscription fee, etc. before launch date.

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 am

FPs were supplied on Gov't I think.

And yes, if the Battle clipper was reduced to 100/200 "Points" (OEP?), then I would def. get one.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum