Outer Empires Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OE to return in 10 days or so

+16
Rayjan Deja
Vaughn Chisholm
geronimo
Helio
Paul Hutson
Galaxyhunter Sojourner
Thoth Amon
TradeOff
Proteus Heaton
Oldwick
Marcus Odesius
Phil McCrackin
Hoploa Wington
Steve austin
Ref Minor
Ambrose Foxx
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How much should be reset on OE?

OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_lcap70%OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 19 ]
OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_lcap22%OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]
OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_lcap7%OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 Empty Re: OE to return in 10 days or so

Post  Ole Gunnar Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I think there is great value in encouraging vets back to the game. We can/will help new players, we are seen in bigger ships which encourages newbs to advance and personally I think that there is nothing to actually be lost in going with my original idea to give HC vets an MC start. Think about it...would any vets refuse to return if they got MC? Unlikely. Whereas some might decide not to as they would consider all their previous XP to have been wasted if they came in at LC and they would be lost to the game. I would like to see virtually all my old OE community back flying around the galaxy....the more the merrier, eh?
Anyone joining who is completely new to the game will naturally lag behind initially until they get the hang of things. Vets will soon leave them behind and climb the xp ladder so there is little to be gained for new players by reducing vets to LC. I have never joined a game and thought, "Hang on, there a some very BIG players on here, i won't bother". If anyone thinks that way they won't hang around in any game anyway. I really don't think a newb will be put off by finding he is not on an equal footing with everyone else. Are we heading towards a game in which XP is reset every once in a while just because new players are joining?
The loss of HC, colonies, cash and (in many cases) tons and tons of equipment is surely enough. The game is about learning to advance in your own way and HC vets have already learned enough grinding.
Has anyone really forgotten just how much time it actually takes to get up to HC affraid

Ole Gunnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Ole Gunnar wrote:I think there is great value in encouraging vets back to the game. We can/will help new players, we are seen in bigger ships which encourages newbs to advance and personally I think that there is nothing to actually be lost in going with my original idea to give HC vets an MC start. Think about it...would any vets refuse to return if they got MC? Unlikely. Whereas some might decide not to as they would consider all their previous XP to have been wasted if they came in at LC and they would be lost to the game. I would like to see virtually all my old OE community back flying around the galaxy....the more the merrier, eh?
Anyone joining who is completely new to the game will naturally lag behind initially until they get the hang of things. Vets will soon leave them behind and climb the xp ladder so there is little to be gained for new players by reducing vets to LC. I have never joined a game and thought, "Hang on, there a some very BIG players on here, i won't bother". If anyone thinks that way they won't hang around in any game anyway. I really don't think a newb will be put off by finding he is not on an equal footing with everyone else. Are we heading towards a game in which XP is reset every once in a while just because new players are joining?
The loss of HC, colonies, cash and (in many cases) tons and tons of equipment is surely enough. The game is about learning to advance in your own way and HC vets have already learned enough grinding.
Has anyone really forgotten just how much time it actually takes to get up to HC affraid
No I haven't forgotten I think it took death about 2 months from lc to elite

Steve austin

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Lol. Mylo Death and Taz got it very very fast..

I graduated Death from ACDMY and 2 weeks later he passed me main character in rank affraid Razz

MCC1 would not be bad, the more I think about it.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Gunnar Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Fair point Steve...but that does sound like a good way of inducing epilepsy! Smile

Can i just add that I will rejoin no matter what the decision on xp etc... Very Happy
Reading all the debate on here has reminded me of just what an excellent bunch of intelligent people I used to fly with!!! So please remember these kind words if you find me in a clipper and you are flying something with damned big weapons on it Wink

Ole Gunnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve austin Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 am

Ole I think we all think the same it took me a yr from lc to hc Smile but I did stop playing it for awhile lc, mc, hc or elite I don't care it's game and the people in the game that I miss and I would always return for

Steve austin

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am

Steve austin wrote:Ole I think we all think the same it took me a yr from lc to hc Smile but I did stop playing it for awhile lc, mc, hc or elite I don't care it's game and the people in the game that I miss and I would always return for
Agree Smile I was behind Helio and Crash in 3rd place for OE's slowest yet active grinder. Ended up with 1.5 years and HCC4. But eventually you do get there, and I would do it again for OE back Very Happy
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  jarvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 am

I like the idea of vets being medium class with a suitable ship (freighter?) We have to remember that most of the people who made heavy class in record time were using the highway and beyond. There will be no stations other then gov and I can't remember the exact figures but even the best jobs at govt were worth around half the best jobs at non govt stations close to the centre of the galaxy.

Other then that a full reset is the only way to go.

Lots of good posts and ideas so far, glad to see everyone working together towards a common goal!

Jarvo

jarvo

Back to top Go down

OE to return in 10 days or so - Page 4 Empty EVE did it...

Post  That Brandon Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 am

I will weigh in on the only game I have more hours logged in than OE, which is eve online. About 6 years or so into their service, CCP made a couple of major changes that would give any new player a 6 month jump into skills. In that game it was all about skill and everyone had the same amount of time to train to get to fly ship X. Some would train faster because they would weight their attributes toward that training but would take them forever to train some of the other type of skills. Anyway there was such a large gap between the players that had been training for 6 years and new players. To even it out they made the big change. In OE of ole, this really wasn't a problem, because any player could be in MC in a week, and HC in less than a month. I should know, I leveled my alt from cadet to HCB-HCC on 4 seperate occasions. The last one I leveled on nothing but combat jobs, but I had a derp and could jump a long way to get those high paying, high xp gigs.

In the new OE it is going to take much longer to level up. All the weapons, mods, ships, bps, etc are going to revamped. They will be revamped with balance in mind. This is going to be a new generation of OE and as such I would encourage players to work together to get the hang of the new universe. While it will feel similar, it will be much different than the previous one.

That Brandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 am

Good to hear from you Brandon, I hope you are doing well!

Vaughn Chisholm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4