Outer Empires Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flogging a dead horse

3 posters

Go down

Flogging a dead horse Empty Flogging a dead horse

Post  Thoth Amon Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:13 am

I think it's time we asked ourselves a few questions about the management of OE and it's future. I believe (and there are a few that agree) that we are being taken for schmucks. Its time we saw Paul as a man and not some godlike being. He gave us half an hour of his time and said and did nothing except put up a vote. A vote that won't be counted till next Sunday, 3 days before the alleged shutdown. Many of us have paid IWS and subs (as well as hefty lifetime accounts)...where is our money going. IWS has been shut and yet I see no offer of a refund for those of us who have subbed just before Paul put out the begging bowl. Paul has seen a chance to make money and people are blind to the fact that we are being held to ransom.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Flogging a dead horse Empty Re: Flogging a dead horse

Post  Oldwick Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

I have to say that i partially agree....
After our sunday discussion I thought that some quick actions will be schduled to avoid closing OE. I wait for a meeting with talon, removing the bye post, allow buying ABS and derp to have fast cash to have time for other actions like the advertisement, OE marketing, maybe new sub options....
Its quite dissapointing no have any feedback from Paul, mainly when he mention that 27 is the shut down date. If all should be done after next sunday teleconference I think there are no enough time.
I hope being wrong
OJ

Oldwick

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:06 pm

I was expecting to be able to buy an ABS and some of the older hulls plus a hyper on Sunday, as Paul seemed to infer that that's what he was going to do. I then find that accounts are closed. If the accounts are closed then we can't pay money in so that's it ...the end. He must think we are stupid, he's shutting it down regardless but wants a handout for his trouble.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 pm

It is simple, Paul is not a god, he is a man with a day job who created OE in his spare time originally with some other devs, we have been running for 18 months on the free Dev work of Brandon and Max and now Paul keeping things ticking over. It has never made any real cash and has just about broken even vs server charges.

Paul has put a lot of effort into keeping OE on the road for little or no profit, if Paul had wanted to take your cash he would have not said anything and kept the IWS accounts running until the day it shut down.

We have had a good time for 2 years, I have a lifer sub and have dropped a bit on IWS, I consider the money spent vs fun had to have been money well spent.

Do any of you guarantee to put the cash in to keep things running so any new IWS sales are not money thrown away, I know I wouldn't.

Face it without a Dev to keep things running and to actually develop, OE is dead, enjoy your last weeks and move on without rancour.

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:42 am

Oh another lifer on spouting off ...where have you all been for the last 6 to 8 months...not On buying IWS or supporting the game. Its dead, yes, and I've enjoyed myself...I want me unused subs I bought through iTunes refunded is all.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ref Minor Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

We lifers have ended up spending more than if we subbed monthly so quit with the self rightious whining.

I have not been in game much recently no, I have been supporting my partner whilst both her parents died in the space of 6 months, yet I have still donated free time to moderate the OE forum.

Get over it and move on, if you have an issue take it up with IWS don't whine here

Ref Minor

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoth Amon Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 am

Whining eh.....this is called a discussion forum numb nuts....
Sorry bout yer problems and that...but we were all just trying to do our bit. We made proposals to try and pay Paul hard cash in order to save the game that we love. I now see that that was misguided at best and that we should have just accepted that the game was dead as you point out. I just wished he'd told us about any difficulties earlier.

Thoth Amon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum