Outer Empires Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to OE

+13
Rikk Slinger
That Brandon
SantsDeLaSants
Ref Minor
Ybkc2
Paul Hutson
Vaughn Chisholm
Bosexiii
Hoploa Wington
Proteus Heaton
Steve austin
Phil McCrackin
Rayjan Deja
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Changes to OE - Page 3 Empty Re: Changes to OE

Post  Proteus Heaton Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I would like to see a Transportation Port FP like Phil suggested, with a set price per resource. Say, Radioactives could cost more p/unit due to the danger. Not too much of course, but it would help producers, researchers, and miners alike. You could set the destination to:

1) Another colony

2) A Station

3) (When Landing Pads Work) a Friend's colony.

That way you could send the night's load of Titanium away to Storage, for a small fee, without leaving the SS and flying half way around the Galaxy.

Another way this could work is that you still pay a fee, but you can only send resources to other colonies with Transport FPs, one link per FP. So, you could have 5 Transport FPs on your storage colony, and link each one to a Mining or Manufacturing Colony with 1 FP on each.

On another note, I do not think Colony Defense FPs should have very many guns. If you don't use a glitch, it could take over 30 minutes to take down a well shielded Colony alone. Even if you have just 1 Cannon chipping away at your Hull, it will hurt.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:49 pm

As for IWSP Items that don't effect the economy, hmm, will need thinking.

It would be easy enough to make Antaris Gear bound to players for no trades, but then that takes away part of the fun of having them - you can sell them off if they don't blow up first. Also, players with less cash to spend would not be able to get these hulls. Also, the main point of buying the Antaris BPs was to make some for either your faction or to sell, if I am not mistaken.

On the other hand, of course, Antaris Gear messes with the economy. Why in my right mind would I buy an Mk23 PDN when I could buy an APDN with better EVERYTHING for only 100K more?

One way to do it *could* be to make Antaris BP Resource Costs EXTREMELY expensive so as not to flood the market. However, they would still get out there in force. I am glad Antaris Weapons do not exist, as it made player-made weapons more useful in wars, however IWSP Hulls were and will be a great source of revenue, and should stay.

While writing this post I came with an idea that could work. We could make Antaris Hulls un-repairable. This way, Player made Warships would compete, see example below.

Faction [AAA] attacks and declares war on Faction [BBB]. [BBB] needs to organize defenses, and they choose to use player made ships as they can repair them and use less supplies that will quickly run out during a long war. [AAA] is on the offensive against [BBB] and decide to use Antaris gear, since they will be needing to blast apart as many [BBB] colonies as possible.

Tell me your thoughts on this.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 am

Proteus Heaton wrote:On the other hand, of course, Antaris Gear messes with the economy. Why in my right mind would I buy an Mk23 PDN when I could buy an APDN with better EVERYTHING for only 100K more?

One way to do it *could* be to make Antaris BP Resource Costs EXTREMELY expensive so as not to flood the market. However, they would still get out there in force. I am glad Antaris Weapons do not exist, as it made player-made weapons more useful in wars, however IWSP Hulls were and will be a great source of revenue, and should stay.

Tell me your thoughts on this.

Proteus, I am confused by a lot of your statements. How are we going to make Antaris BP's more expensive. I paid several very large sums of money for every Antaris BP that was offered. I will most likely do it again. Most players would be very shocked by the amount of money I put into the IWS system. To make the APDN, ASBH, ASDC, A.SS, etc that the faction was flying took massive amounts of resources and space at the production planet to produce. Kats and stations could barely be made at a decent size 50 planet and I had to do those runs inside of size 100s. I don't really want the costs associated with any of these items to go up.

The recommendation that hull damage not be repairable is insane. Any ship that you get must be repairable or what is the point? You say Antaris, but what exactly do you think you were flying? Those were Antaris hulls that we researched up. What I would like to see is more ships go splody that way we can sell more full fits.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am

Phil McCrackin wrote:Vaughn,

I must admit it does have some merit. Manufacturers would have an up front cost associated with a good. You would have to know what your cost margin was for each of the components. The market would definitely reflect the actual cost of making an item unless the player was dumping to drive the other manufacturers down.

I'm not so sure of doing it on storage. You put mining and refining on the same planet vs 2 separate planets. How would the metrics work? You set the shutoff to when the storage is full? In the planets where both mining and refining goes on you would have a finished product as the final outcome. The cost would be the same whether you were on a 10G or a 1 poor planet. The difference would be the time it takes them to fill the storage hoppers? What if you remove material while the processing/mining is occurring? This is why I proposed that those stay as front loaded renewable contracts.

I really like the idea of 1 hour before pay is due, the workers guild sends a notification letter(email) to the player that next contract renewal (payday) is due in the amount of xxxc. Failure to have sufficient funds available will result in contract workers leaving the planet to seek employment elsewhere. At this point the player has to grind/bank/beg to have the contracts auto renewed or go back to each individual planet and turn them on one by one after the renewable contracts expire.

I know I would have the cash on hand when payday came!

Phil, storage based fees would work like this:
X = number of workers required to man your mines
Y = the rate of yield per planet (i.e. the output of your mines) per hour
Z = the amount of storage

The fee would be based on this math:
Z/Y = number of hours to fill your storage, we'll call this 'T'
(T*X)/24 gives you the man-hours that this requires, per day

So if X=100, Y=20, Z=5000
It would take 250 hours to fill the storage, with 100 workers you would pay roughly 1042 times the daily rate. If it were 10c per day then 10,042. Pay it up front and your mines work for 250 hours. Sorry no refunds for simplicity sake. Refinement would work the same way, except Y would equal your refinement rate per hour.

Vaughn Chisholm

Back to top Go down

Post  Proteus Heaton Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 am

I would like to clear up some of my points.

1. By Bp Cost, I meant the resource cost to make a hull. Sorry for the confusion.

2. Yes, I am aware that the Ateam hulls were Antaris. And yes, the idea is rather flawed. Perhaps repair costs on Antaris gear? I'm not sure, just trying to get some ideas flowing.
Proteus Heaton
Proteus Heaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 am

Vaughn Chisholm wrote:
Phil, storage based fees would work like this:
X = number of workers required to man your mines
Y = the rate of yield per planet (i.e. the output of your mines) per hour
Z = the amount of storage

The fee would be based on this math:
Z/Y = number of hours to fill your storage, we'll call this 'T'
(T*X)/24 gives you the man-hours that this requires, per day

So if X=100, Y=20, Z=5000
It would take 250 hours to fill the storage, with 100 workers you would pay roughly 1042 times the daily rate. If it were 10c per day then 10,042. Pay it up front and your mines work for 250 hours. Sorry no refunds for simplicity sake. Refinement would work the same way, except Y would equal your refinement rate per hour.

I can certainly see what you are saying and the formula looks good. Only 1 piece that is missing and it was like what I was stating before of what happens to the formula when you have combinations on the planet of mining and refining. Those you would have to really watch and be micromanaging and the idea was to set them and have them run until we turned them off. If we get the "teamsters" concept then there wouldn't be a need to go to the planet and suddenly you would be out of materials and reset. I would rather get a daily bill in a revolving contract from the workers in those types of situations and pay them for the day's work.

The concept works for research and manufacturing runs but not so much for mining and refining. For mining and refining it would be way too much micromanaging to keep the miners producing. I can see waiting on a load of titanium ore only to find out that the contracted amount expired 2 days ago and now my production schedule goes behind. It would be better for these types of colonies to be turned on and off.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 am

I meant for my idea to solve the worker pay issue once and for all. It's not necessarily the best solution, but the best I can think of at this time. Vacation mode would be irrelevant because once your contract time ran out you'd stop paying workers. You could come back to full mines and not be flat broke because your workers looted you while they did nothing.

Vaughn Chisholm

Back to top Go down

Changes to OE - Page 3 Empty my ideas so far.

Post  That Brandon Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 am

These are some of my ideas. They are not changes that will def happen. Just somethings I would like feedback on as we move through the code making refinements.

1. get rid of jump drive from cadet ship. Link the government area with jump gates so new players are more confined to government space until they upgrade their ship to one capable of fitting a jump drive. Would change ship you get if you get exploded once you are no longer a cadet.

2. Give stations a fuel tank (massive several hundred k in size), that has to pay government to refuel as needed or faction can produce fuel for sale in the station. This has several implications but means that the fuel does come from somewhere.

3. Small tax or fee billed to owner of station for sales, majority of market fees still go to faction but a percentage goes for station maintence or security, etc. Helps balance the faction markets some.

4. changes to blueprint copying. Researched BPs would cost more each level to copy and certain BPs would not be able to be copied.

5. I really like the way cloaking works in GOF2, and may work on a similar time based system for cloaking in OE. Give the cloak another thing to research and means you won't get some one sitting in your system for days on end cloaked like in eve.

6. additon of killboards, along with proper bounty system.

7. AI pirate hideouts in systems with a lot of traffic but no station, something you can destroy for loot, but can make colony hotspots or other highly travelled destination more dangerous. Or some variation on the the idea. This is something else I liked in GOF2, put an OE spin on it, with difficult to kill AI and they become almost like dugeons or instances of sorts.

8. some sort of spell check for me, as my spelling is horrible.

9. AI factions/players that operate similar to players and have conquerable space but no stations.

As far as the hull repair goes, there has always been a plan in place to do hull repairs using minerals and mods and time. It never got implemented but was on the drawing board so to speak. This would still be a gold and time sink vs just paying for the repair but would be an option for those that like to duel. Everyone also has to remember the market as it was the last year is not how the market was meant to operate. When so many were not paying worker fees, the cost of items plummeted. The worker payment system does work when it operates properly. I am working on a way for you to pay your workers a bonus to go "on leave" for a period of time. Once they are set to that mode they are "on leave" for the entire time, unless you pay them to come back early. The bonus would be less than the payment of wages for that period of time but paying them come back early would cost more. I hope this makes sense. Feel free to discuss it along with the other ideas I have listed above.

Brandon

That Brandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikk Slinger Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am

That Brandon wrote:1. get rid of jump drive from cadet ship. Link the government area with jump gates so new players are more confined to government space until they upgrade their ship to one capable of fitting a jump drive. Would change ship you get if you get exploded once you are no longer a cadet.
Hmm. Interesting idea to prevent newbies from being stranded...I like it. Could you explain the changing ship (last part) thing more? Not sure I quite understand that.

2. Give stations a fuel tank (massive several hundred k in size), that has to pay government to refuel as needed or faction can produce fuel for sale in the station. This has several implications but means that the fuel does come from somewhere.
I like it...it makes sense and would prevent one or two big factions from dominating space so easily.

3. Small tax or fee billed to owner of station for sales, majority of market fees still go to faction but a percentage goes for station maintence or security, etc. Helps balance the faction markets some.
I like it also, and same reason as number 2 - prevents factions from being so dominant.

4. changes to blueprint copying. Researched BPs would cost more each level to copy and certain BPs would not be able to be copied.
Although I was never a researcher or producer of anything, it makes sense.

5. I really like the way cloaking works in GOF2, and may work on a similar time based system for cloaking in OE. Give the cloak another thing to research and means you won't get some one sitting in your system for days on end cloaked like in eve.
Not quite sure I understand this...could you explain?

I assume by this you mean that bounties will be shown for all players, or what?

7. AI pirate hideouts in systems with a lot of traffic but no station, something you can destroy for loot, but can make colony hotspots or other highly travelled destination more dangerous. Or some variation on the the idea. This is something else I liked in GOF2, put an OE spin on it, with difficult to kill AI and they become almost like dugeons or instances of sorts.
Sounds good to me. It would add a bit more fun if someone was on at an odd time of the night or whatever and would still give them a bit of a thrill.

I haven't noticed this in-game, but if ever you need a grammar nazi Twisted Evil to proofread something, just send me a message

9. AI factions/players that operate similar to players and have conquerable space but no stations.
Hmmm...interesting idea. I'll have to think more on that one for a bit...it would add an interesting twist. Question

Rikk Slinger

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 pm

That Brandon wrote:These are some of my ideas. They are not changes that will def happen. Just somethings I would like feedback on as we move through the code making refinements.

1. get rid of jump drive from cadet ship. Link the government area with jump gates so new players are more confined to government space until they upgrade their ship to one capable of fitting a jump drive. Would change ship you get if you get exploded once you are no longer a cadet.
I like the idea, but only can't figure out what is the expense for newbies? if there are jumpgate? (initially, the expense would be fuel cost) does means the newbies fly for free, until their 2nd ship? (which might be ok, since most people should be done with gov space within a few days most) or maybe we can have special gov jumpgate which will cost fuel?

from what I know/did in the past, player made fuel can't compete with in game fuel, (in game fuel cost like .25c/fuel, and player used to sell it at least 10c/fuel), but i like this idea very much, means fuel is a real asset and players have to make it now. more question, if station owner don't make it, does it mean you can dock at a station, and find out that there is no fuel for you to refuel? and if the fuel can be any price the station owner named? (like if you drive in the middle of nowhere, and try the local gas station, and the gas would cost so much?) this fuel concept would be bring so much more fun for the game, we just need to figure out what to do.

3. Small tax or fee billed to owner of station for sales, majority of market fees still go to faction but a percentage goes for station maintenance or security, etc. Helps balance the faction markets some.
as long as the tax/fee is charged when the goods are sold, (which i think make sense), not when the goods are posted, most people would/should be ok.

again, copy cost increase as MK goes higher, is interesting.

i can't wait to see players to come back and start testing all these Smile

Hcout

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Changes to OE - Page 3 Empty Talon's map

Post  HcoutDopi Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:58 pm

can we somehow officially include Talon's map in the game play for at least the browser players?

to me, the Talon's map is a critical part of the game, without the map, i wouldn't be able to do much, not able to do transport jobs or combat jobs.

just my 2 cents.

Hcout

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Brandon,

I looked at these and then I went to sleep to think about them. Some good, some bad. The idea is to fly the idea up the flag pole to see who salutes it and who shoots it.

That Brandon wrote:1. get rid of jump drive from cadet ship. Link the government area with jump gates so new players are more confined to government space until they upgrade their ship to one capable of fitting a jump drive. Would change ship you get if you get exploded once you are no longer a cadet.
Not sure I understand this concept. You are going to put a jump gate in every gov system? The original jumpgates were to a fixed point. How many jumpgates are you going to install in each system. Will it require a new jumpgate panel similar to ME3? I see this as a lot of code and change on your time with little continued benefit. The vets will want to immediately start jumping to different systems. The newbies will learn the jumpgate system and then we'll have to go through a lot of intensive training and whining when they have to learn a new system. The change could be so drastic that they give up the game without getting the full effect whereas if they had been indoctrinated to the real game mechanics at the beginning they might have continued on.

That Brandon wrote:
The entire story line surrounded the stations and its grav link to the planet and the buffering of solar winds it was using to convert into fuel. Those gravometric forces were what created the shielding effect of the space station and made it unable to be targeted and destroyed.

I do not like this concept. If the idea is for the government to make a buck on fuel sales then tax it 10% on the seller's side. Much easier to code.

That Brandon wrote:3. Small tax or fee billed to owner of station for sales, majority of market fees still go to faction but a percentage goes for station maintence or security, etc. Helps balance the faction markets some.
I LIKE THIS!! No front end loading to the seller.

That Brandon wrote:
I don't like this. The cost of copying a blueprint was equivalent to the sales price which in a lot of cases were 500K. You backed these up in case the research took a bad hit. If you backed a BP up at every GOOD return from research you would be at 10M credits in backups alone before hitting MK20. Realistically you would have spent triple that amount. It was already too expensive and you are talking about raising it even more.

How about an accept/rollback feature in the research facility?

That Brandon wrote:
I can't visualize what advantage would come from sitting cloaked in someone's system but I am sure that someone will think of a reason.

That Brandon wrote:
Oh hell yeah!! Bring it on!

That Brandon wrote:
My own little pirate security force in my system I want to keep nosy people out of? ( /me laughs evilly )

That Brandon wrote:
Play on app a while. The feeling of need for this feature will soon pass. Twisted Evil I don't know how many times autocorrect has given the different chat lobbies a shock and riotous laughter?

That Brandon wrote:
Does this mean I will have an AI attacking my production colonies? If so then I am against it.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:17 pm

that is a great idea, hope it's easy to implement.

if we have rollback feature for research, then BP copy cost can go up as Brandon suggested. it would hurt the researcher less. of course, then it would be remove the fun part of the risk in research. Smile

Hcout

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:09 pm

HcoutDopi wrote:

if we have rollback feature for research, then BP copy cost can go up as Brandon suggested. it would hurt the researcher less. of course, then it would be remove the fun part of the risk in research. Smile

Hcout

I WANT THAT. It's realistic too :B

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Rayjan Deja wrote:
HcoutDopi wrote:

Hcout

I WANT THAT. It's realistic too :B

but that means everyone will have the perfect BP, which is no fun, lol

unless, maybe rollback will cost you double BP copy cost (as penalty), or something along that line.

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm

For number 4, I like the idea of a rollback! It's realistic, but Hcout makes a point about everyone having a perfect BP. Maybe you have to spend time to erase the pencil marks and take out the notes in the margins. I only like the idea of BP becoming more expensive to copy as they progress if there is a rollback feature. Otherwise it becomes prohibitively expensive to focus your research, and all it becomes is a very expensive gamble with little chance for payback.

For number 1, I didn't care for the 'no jump drive' for newbies plan, either. If I envision what you're talking about is that gov systems become a maze of jump gates. I think that would be confusing to newcomers trying to find their way around, and take for ever to travel across each system to the next jump gate, as well. It would probably drive a lot of new people away in confusion and frustration.

For 2 and 3 I am ambivalent, and all the rest of the ideas sound awesome!

Vaughn Chisholm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 pm

That'd be good

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

A system which allows to copy a BP at normal prices but prevents the copy from been researched (Mean's been able to identify the copy visually) and a roll back feature which costs the base copy price to begin with but increases either exponentially or in a pattern as the mark increases.

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  HcoutDopi Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Rayjan Deja wrote:A system which allows to copy a BP at normal prices but prevents the copy from been researched (Mean's been able to identify the copy visually) and a roll back feature which costs the base copy price to begin with but increases either exponentially or in a pattern as the mark increases.

interesting idea about copied BP can't be researched, like a readonly copy of BP. i like the concept, so you can provide copied BP to your factionmate (or even on the open market), but others can't research on it, and compete with ur next MK.

i think it's a great idea, not necessary we would make all copied BP un-researchable, but maybe as an option when you copy the BP, you have an option as the copied BP can be researched or not. (not really sure how hard this can get implemented)

HcoutDopi

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil McCrackin Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Rayjan Deja wrote:A system which allows to copy a BP at normal prices but prevents the copy from been researched (Mean's been able to identify the copy visually) and a roll back feature which costs the base copy price to begin with but increases either exponentially or in a pattern as the mark increases.

This is brilliant!! You just found a way of introducing franchising into the game! Researchers can create a blueprint and make a manufacture only copy for use in the factories. For that fact, all factories! The research version has to go through conversion process to manufacture from. This would keep the valuable masters either in the station or at the research facility. We might even be able to set it up that if a BP is sold a royalty goes back to the researcher for every unit produced?
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn Chisholm Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Phil McCrackin wrote:

This is brilliant!! You just found a way of introducing franchising into the game! Researchers can create a blueprint and make a manufacture only copy for use in the factories. For that fact, all factories! The research version has to go through conversion process to manufacture from. This would keep the valuable masters either in the station or at the research facility. We might even be able to set it up that if a BP is sold a royalty goes back to the researcher for every unit produced?

I like the idea but now we're probably getting overly complicated.

Vaughn Chisholm

Back to top Go down

Post  That Brandon Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm

i like the idea of manu only bps or limited run bps.

The change I was talking about for cadet level pilots was to help break the learning curve into parts. There are a ton of newbies that run out of fuel, jump to a system with an active AI spawn or player pirate and get blown up. If the cadets are locked into government space and only have access to other systems via a web of jumpgates, it makes helps them learn their way around without fear of losing their ship, cargo, etc. Every space based game I have played (EVE, Freelancer, GOF2, etc) all start out with players only being able to go from system to system via jump gate routes. It is something that everyone has learned to do. Imagine a web spawning out from the capitol that encompasses all the government area. Along with this I want to have the base level jump drive burn more than 1 unit of fuel per LY. Have the range for jump drives between 2-0.5. This gives a lot of room for improvement on the jump drive via research and makes it an important part of your fit. It also lessens the range of the new players and slows the over all spread at first of the factions away from government space. Over time factions/players will be able to jump further with the fuel they have on board and can do more exploring, but the process will take more time. It fits with the over all theme of making fuel a more important resource. Might even lead to different fuel blends that could compensate for a drive's ineffectiveness. Along with this change would be a change to bring the production of fuel closer to cost of refuelling in government space. This ties in with the stations having a fuel tank that has to be filled either from a company for a set fee or by the faction/player. Add in the ability for the owner of the station to adjust the price of fuel within a set range and a station can attract customers with low fuel cost or keep them away with higher prices.

I hope the above makes some sense as it changes gameplay alot and gives additional options to both players and factions as they move out on their own.

That Brandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Should thrusters use up some sort of fuel to prevent constant bouncing around planets?

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldwick Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

That Brandon wrote:i like the idea of manu only bps or limited run bps.

The change I was talking about for cadet level pilots was to help break the learning curve into parts. There are a ton of newbies that run out of fuel, jump to a system with an active AI spawn or player pirate and get blown up. If the cadets are locked into government space and only have access to other systems via a web of jumpgates, it makes helps them learn their way around without fear of losing their ship, cargo, etc. Every space based game I have played (EVE, Freelancer, GOF2, etc) all start out with players only being able to go from system to system via jump gate routes. It is something that everyone has learned to do. Imagine a web spawning out from the capitol that encompasses all the government area. Along with this I want to have the base level jump drive burn more than 1 unit of fuel per LY. Have the range for jump drives between 2-0.5. This gives a lot of room for improvement on the jump drive via research and makes it an important part of your fit. It also lessens the range of the new players and slows the over all spread at first of the factions away from government space. Over time factions/players will be able to jump further with the fuel they have on board and can do more exploring, but the process will take more time. It fits with the over all theme of making fuel a more important resource. Might even lead to different fuel blends that could compensate for a drive's ineffectiveness. Along with this change would be a change to bring the production of fuel closer to cost of refuelling in government space. This ties in with the stations having a fuel tank that has to be filled either from a company for a set fee or by the faction/player. Add in the ability for the owner of the station to adjust the price of fuel within a set range and a station can attract customers with low fuel cost or keep them away with higher prices.

I hope the above makes some sense as it changes gameplay alot and gives additional options to both players and factions as they move out on their own.

Brandon, just a small suggestion about cadets.... I remember several newbies losing interest in OE due to the speed of the first ships.... I also remember the slowest first ship thinking ohhh how long does it takes to reach ss from system border?....Maybe could be increased a bit the speed in first ship...

Last edited by Oldwick on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Oldwick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayjan Deja Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Oldwick wrote:
That Brandon wrote:i like the idea of manu only bps or limited run bps.

Brandon, just a small suggestion about cadets.... I remember several newbies losing interest in OE due to the speed of the first ships.... O also remember the slowest first ship. Maybe could be increased a bit the speed in first ship...

Should of seen it in beta :p

Rayjan Deja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum