Changes to OE

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm

What does everyone thing of these ideas? Re-read my previous question and it scared me lol

1. A space station cap be put in place to prevent SS's littering the map and to help keep appearance of the size of the galaxy big. The number of SS's in place is proportional to the number of players within a faction.

2. A faction member cap be put in place of 4-5 players to begin with, and then increasing to 10 over the month. This will prevent super factions rising and dominating the rest into submission.

3. The creation of colony classes. Civilian Colonies and Military Colonies. Military colonies can only be constructed in SS systems, they can be completely destroyed by opposing factions. An SS cannot be placed in a system with Civilian colonies. Civilian Colonies can have all structures on the colony destroyed, but the land will remain. This will hopefully prevent people quitting over the loss of size 100's and size 75's and also drive up the demand for FP's in war time, increasing the player economy.

4. A system which prevents ships from doing hit and run hits on colonies. This will prevent rage quitters from damaging the player base and economy. If a large ship attacks a colonies they will be unable to move until after 30-40 seconds after the last shot has been fired. This will allow their ships to be damaged costing around 10-20k repairs but also allow them to run if they so choose without the loss of their ship. For medium ships this time will be reduced to 20-25 seconds, and for small ships it will be reduced to 10-15 seconds.

5. SS's are able to be targeted and destroyed. (Must have their own defences first)

6. A new System Defence ship. One that will be dominant in the system it was built in and only that system. It will have large enough weapons and strong enough defences to enable it to tackle 2-3 ships at a time, allowing a smaller faction to defend their boarders against larger factions. This ship can only be built in systems under your control.

7. New IWS features that do not influence the player economy.

8. A larger variance in weapons so we do not have one weapon been superior to others.

9. A decrease in the price required to fix a hull. 1k per every 1 hull damage (Not 1%) on large ships. 500 credits for 1 hull on medium ships and 200 credits for every 1 hull on a small ship. Hopefully this will mean more dueling for me :3

10. New armour and shields to better prevent hull damage which was voted on before the game ended.

11. A skill system similar to KingdomGame (Those who do not know this is one of Paul's other games) This will allow factions to research skills which provide a boost to their guild. i.e. An aggressive guild that researches 1 level of combat tactics will gain a 1% damage bonus to their weapons and receive 1% less damage from other weapons. If a player chose to research 1 level of worker unions they would get a -1% in worker pay. Obviously this has many flaws currently so it would need to be worked on isn't really a change that is needed but it would be interesting to see. Solo pilots may need their own variant.

12. Weapons that target colony structures specifically. Only large ships can mount these weapons. They deal 500 damage to colonies with an average of 250 damage per hit. How ever they require an atmosphere to hit this hard and so deal 20% damage against ships in a vacuum. This will enable fleet compositions to be made up of a colony bombing ship and several escort vessels. This might need a purpose built ship with higher engine cap to facilitate stronger shields.

Just some idea's, post what you think Smile


Last edited by Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Phil McCrackin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

RAY!!!

This is the kind of ideas I was talking about in another thread. I love them!
avatar
Phil McCrackin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Excellent Very Happy

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Steve austin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:50 pm

As always ray you ideas are very good the colony ideas are really good civilian and military are a good idea. Smile

Steve austin

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:07 pm

1. As someone said before, a faction cap would do this too.

2. Maybe a little bigger, but overall, yes

3. Okay.

4. YES!!

5. YES!!

6. YES!! This would be great for small factions.

7. ...?

8. Yes! We had only 3 types of useful guns at the end Sad

9. This is a great idea, Wars were expensive and ships would get so damaged you buy 2-3 more hulls with the repair costs.

10. Good.

11. Hmm...Might need refining...

12. Uhhh


That's my very short comments Razz
avatar
Proteus Heaton

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Faction cap wouldn't put a cap on SS's Razz We'd have the same number of people in the game just more spread out.

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Quantum Torp ----------

Javesco Quantum Torpedo (L) - Max Damage: 160, Size: 35,
Power Consumption: 180 per launch, Critical: 5%, +10 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Quantum Torpedo (M) - Max Damage: 135, Size: 25,
Power Consumption: 165 per launch, Critical: 3%, +5 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Quantum Torp (S) - Max Damage: 110, Size: 15,
Power Consumption: 125 per burst, Critical: 10%, +10 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Phase Cannon ----------

Javesco Phase Cannon (L) - Max Damage: 180, Size: 35,
Power Consumption: 150 per burst, Critical: 7%, +12 Bonus Shields, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Phase Cannon (M) - Max Damage: 125, Size: 12,
Power Consumption: 120 per burst, Critical: 10%, +16 Bonus Shields, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Phase Cannon (S) - Max Damage: 105, Size: 15,
Power Consumption: 115 per burst, Critical: 5%, +5 Bonus Shields, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Pulse Cannon ----------

Javesco Pulse Cannon (L) - Max Damage: 195, Size: 45,
Power Consumption: 195 per burst, Critical: 1%, +6 Bonus Shields, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Pulse Cannon (S) - Max Damage: 90, Size: 7,
Power Consumption: 95 per burst, Critical: 16%, +18 Bonus Shields, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Plasma Torp ----------

Javesco Plasma Torpedo (L) - Max Damage: 145, Size: 25,
Power Consumption: 150 per launch, Critical: 12%, +10 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Plasma Torpedo (M) - Max Damage: 100, Size: 10,
Power Consumption: 110 per launch, Critical: 10%, +12 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Plasma Torp (S) - Max Damage: 80, Size: 7,
Power Consumption: 70 per burst, Critical: 14%, +10 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Linear Induction ----------

Javesco Linear Induction (L) - Max Damage: 165, Size: 20,
Power Consumption: 105 per burst, Critical: 20%, +20 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Linear Induction (M) - Max Damage: 120, Size: 12,
Power Consumption: 70 per burst, Critical: 22%, +18 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Linear Induction (S) - Max Damage: 95, Size: 7,
Power Consumption: 50 per burst, Critical: 25%, +16 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Explosive Charge Mass Projectile ----------

Javesco Explosive Charge Mass Projectile (S), Max Damage 107, Size 12,
Power Consumption 75 per burst, Critical 10%, +10 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Explosive Charge Mass Projectile (M), Max Damage 141, Size 20,
Power Consumption 100 per burst, Critical 12%, +15 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Javesco Explosive Charge Mass Projectile (L), Max Damage 192, Size 30,
Power Consumption 125 per burst, Critical 15%, +12 Bonus Armour, 20 Second Recharge

Soltech Armour (L) (Gen2) - Size: 20, Max Strength: 675, Beam Defence: 205, Missile Defence: 195 , Mass Defence: 215

Soltech Armour (M) (Gen2) - Size: 12, Max Strength: 520, Beam Defence: 175, Missile Defence: 170 , Mass Defence: 185

Soltech Armour (S) (Gen2) - Size: 8, Max Strength: 420, Beam Defence: 150, Missile Defence: 145, Mass Defence 160

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Hoploa Wington on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Great ideas Ray.
The only thing is what happens to stuff inside SS when it gets sploded?

If it gets destroyed then that means keeping ships and stores in govt SS, which means a lot of running back and forth if your way down south

Hoploa Wington

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Make sure you have insurance and copies of BP's lol

Could have a final destruction stage in which the station is completely inoperable as in you cannot use the market, cannot receive fuel, only remove items, and this stage lasts 24 hours until it finally goes.

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Bosexiii on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I like all the ideas there ray.
As for point one, ss cap what about just a limit on ss per player? say each player can only own a set amount of ss maybe 2 or 3 each, that would self regulate the amount a faction could own as it could only have as many ss as it's membership would allow.

Bosexiii

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Bosexiii wrote:I like all the ideas there ray.
As for point one, ss cap what about just a limit on ss per player? say each player can only own a set amount of ss maybe 2 or 3 each, that would self regulate the amount a faction could own as it could only have as many ss as it's membership would allow.

I think that would lead to too many SS's been built.

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Your ideas look great, but it may be hard to put in-game without the funds, which come from the game.
avatar
Proteus Heaton

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Phil McCrackin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Proteus Heaton wrote:Your ideas look great, but it may be hard to put in-game without the funds, which come from the game.

I'm trying to follow your logic and I am failing on it.

Any game starts out with a rule set and from there all players progress with the game using those rule sets. If you initiate the game with those rule sets in place then why would you need funds to implement? Ray is throwing out ideas for the new rule set which would lead to better game play. If Paul adopts some of the ideas into the initial launch then it will have a chance.
avatar
Phil McCrackin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:47 pm

No, I am referring to the fact that much of this would be new content. In order to develop/test the content, we need devs and money.
avatar
Proteus Heaton

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Paul wouldn't be able to put in a few idea's relatively quickly. With Brandon's help as well as Talon they would be implemented with speed.

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Proteus Heaton on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Talon & Brandon are helping? Ah, that changes things.
avatar
Proteus Heaton

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Proteus Heaton wrote:Talon & Brandon are helping? Ah, that changes things.

Possibly

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Vaughn Chisholm on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:26 pm

I like your ideas, but I think civillian and military colony differentiation is unecessarily complicated. All that is needed is something we asked for all along.... Planetary defenses. It's laughable that a ship could show up in orbit, bomb a planet to ashes, and not get shot at by anyone on the surface. It should take a fleet to conquer a planet, and an armada to conquer a system. Size, power, and other engineering considerations in ship chassis design are inconsequential when your chassis is a planet.

Vaughn Chisholm

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 pm

People would still leave if they lost too many IWS colonies though, and smaller factions would struggle to destroy colonies.

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Phil McCrackin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Vaughn Chisholm wrote:I like your ideas, but I think civillian and military colony differentiation is unecessarily complicated. All that is needed is something we asked for all along.... Planetary defenses. It's laughable that a ship could show up in orbit, bomb a planet to ashes, and not get shot at by anyone on the surface. It should take a fleet to conquer a planet, and an armada to conquer a system. Size, power, and other engineering considerations in ship chassis design are inconsequential when your chassis is a planet.


Meropa Industries Planetary Defense Flatpack ----------

Planetary Defense (XL) - Max Damage: 1500, Size: 5
Weaponry - Can of whoopass (XL)
Defenses - Image projector showing nude photos of Rosie O'Donnell (XXX)

First ya blind them then beat the snot out of them. Smile
avatar
Phil McCrackin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Weapons Platform - Size 4, 7 Weapons (L) 4000 Power required. Maximum of 2 per colony. +10% damage bonus against ships

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Paul Hutson on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:08 am

A few answers, some you'll like and some you might not.

Rayjan Deja wrote:1. A space station cap be put in place to prevent SS's littering the map and to help keep appearance of the size of the galaxy big. The number of SS's in place is proportional to the number of players within a faction.

I'm not going to put an SS cap in - however, I will make it /incredibly/ expensive for the BP and the resources for the SS - i.e. it's not going to cost what it used to for a space station, it'll take a lot more - and the manu time for it will increase significantly as well.

Rayjan Deja wrote:2. A faction member cap be put in place of 4-5 players to begin with, and then increasing to 10 over the month. This will prevent super factions rising and dominating the rest into submission.

I think that could work.

Rayjan Deja wrote:3. The creation of colony classes. Civilian Colonies and Military Colonies. Military colonies can only be constructed in SS systems, they can be completely destroyed by opposing factions. An SS cannot be placed in a system with Civilian colonies. Civilian Colonies can have all structures on the colony destroyed, but the land will remain. This will hopefully prevent people quitting over the loss of size 100's and size 75's and also drive up the demand for FP's in war time, increasing the player economy.

This won't happen either - being able to lose everything is part of the game.

Rayjan Deja wrote:4. A system which prevents ships from doing hit and run hits on colonies. This will prevent rage quitters from damaging the player base and economy. If a large ship attacks a colonies they will be unable to move until after 30-40 seconds after the last shot has been fired. This will allow their ships to be damaged costing around 10-20k repairs but also allow them to run if they so choose without the loss of their ship. For medium ships this time will be reduced to 20-25 seconds, and for small ships it will be reduced to 10-15 seconds.

Now this is something I like. Not being able to move for 30 seconds after shooting a colony could work - essentially, in order to shoot a colony a ship must "anchor" itself in the atmosphere to properly target the colony surface. After it fires it has a 30 second countdown to being able to move again (i.e. the anchoring is removed).

Rayjan Deja wrote:5. SS's are able to be targeted and destroyed. (Must have their own defences first)

This is in the design, just not implemented yet.

Rayjan Deja wrote:6. A new System Defence ship. One that will be dominant in the system it was built in and only that system. It will have large enough weapons and strong enough defences to enable it to tackle 2-3 ships at a time, allowing a smaller faction to defend their boarders against larger factions. This ship can only be built in systems under your control.

Hrm, not sure on this - will have to think about it a bit more.

Rayjan Deja wrote:7. New IWS features that do not influence the player economy.

Like?

Rayjan Deja wrote:8. A larger variance in weapons so we do not have one weapon been superior to others.

We'll have to look at the weapon stats.

Rayjan Deja wrote:9. A decrease in the price required to fix a hull. 1k per every 1 hull damage (Not 1%) on large ships. 500 credits for 1 hull on medium ships and 200 credits for every 1 hull on a small ship. Hopefully this will mean more dueling for me :3

Hrm, possibly.

Rayjan Deja wrote:10. New armour and shields to better prevent hull damage which was voted on before the game ended.

*nods*

Rayjan Deja wrote:11. A skill system similar to KingdomGame (Those who do not know this is one of Paul's other games) This will allow factions to research skills which provide a boost to their guild. i.e. An aggressive guild that researches 1 level of combat tactics will gain a 1% damage bonus to their weapons and receive 1% less damage from other weapons. If a player chose to research 1 level of worker unions they would get a -1% in worker pay. Obviously this has many flaws currently so it would need to be worked on isn't really a change that is needed but it would be interesting to see. Solo pilots may need their own variant.

We were thinking on this - but haven't yet done anything on it - I'll have a bit more of a thing as it shouldn't be too hard to implement in the game.

Rayjan Deja wrote:12. Weapons that target colony structures specifically. Only large ships can mount these weapons. They deal 500 damage to colonies with an average of 250 damage per hit. How ever they require an atmosphere to hit this hard and so deal 20% damage against ships in a vacuum. This will enable fleet compositions to be made up of a colony bombing ship and several escort vessels. This might need a purpose built ship with higher engine cap to facilitate stronger shields.

A good idea, I think that could be worked in.

Paul Hutson

Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Ybkc2 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:44 am

Rayjan Deja wrote:
12. Weapons that target colony structures specifically. Only large ships can mount these weapons. They deal 500 damage to colonies with an average of 250 damage per hit. How ever they require an atmosphere to hit this hard and so deal 20% damage against ships in a vacuum. This will enable fleet compositions to be made up of a colony bombing ship and several escort vessels. This might need a purpose built ship with higher engine cap to facilitate stronger shields.
Vaughn Chisholm wrote:I like your ideas, but I think civillian and military colony differentiation is unecessarily complicated.  All that is needed is something we asked for all along....  Planetary defenses.  It's laughable that a ship could show up in orbit, bomb a planet to ashes,  and not get shot at by anyone on the surface.  It should take a fleet to conquer a planet, and an armada to conquer a system.  Size, power, and other engineering considerations in ship chassis design are inconsequential when your chassis is a planet.

I agree with Vaughn that a colony should be able to shoot back and should be VERY difficult if not impossible to destroy with normal ship to ship guns. 

I also like the idea of new colony bombardment weapons, but I think they should only be able to be mounted on special colony bombardment ships. The CB guns would only be able to target colonies (and possibly SS), and the CB ships wouldn't be able to mount regular ship to ship guns (escort ships recommended as the CB ship would be a sitting duck if defenders showed up). The CB ships and guns could come in light, med, and heavy versions and the ships could be based on existing ships - for example, a CB Light cruiser could have 2 small CB gun mounts,  and a CB Katana might have 3 XL mounts. 
The guns should require LOTS of eng cap, possibly to the point where you have make difficult choices outfitting a CB ship (hmmm, do I put in a 305 speed engine for a fast getaway or do I max out my armor?)

Ybkc2

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Rayjan Deja on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am

My idea for the need of the ship to stay for a certain time was that power needs to be diverted to weapon systems from the thrusters and jump drive in order for the weapons to be able to retain their damage dealt as the atmosphere will absorb most of the energy. It then takes time to divert power from the weapons back to the thrusters and power them up. It takes less time for smaller ships because they have smaller thrusters. Colony bombing weapons get their massive damage from using the oxygen in the atmosphere to create sizeable explosions, they are less effective in space because there is no oxygen

Rayjan Deja

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Phil McCrackin on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 am

Rayjan Deja wrote:My idea for the need of the ship to stay for a certain time was that power needs to be diverted to weapon systems from the thrusters and jump drive in order for the weapons to be able to retain their damage dealt as the atmosphere will absorb most of the energy. It then takes time to divert power from the weapons back to the thrusters and power them up. It takes less time for smaller ships because they have smaller thrusters. Colony bombing weapons get their massive damage from using the oxygen in the atmosphere to create sizeable explosions, they are less effective in space because there is no oxygen

So Ray, what you want to do is basically take the weapons mounted in the ship and have them perform dual roles. One configuration for ship to ship and another for planetary bombardment. On planetary bombardment since it takes so much more power we must make the ships go through a reconfiguration which would be the 30 second delay where all power is diverted to weapons?

I like this and that entire concept could be another research item to introduce a completely new class of weapons to the game. You take your chances on the base balanced weapon and either work it for ship to ship or colony bombardment.

avatar
Phil McCrackin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to OE

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum